Friday, May 3, 2013

Packing my bags for Africa...AGAIN

Yep. 
That's right.
I am going back to Africa...and I am stoked!!! 

good morning hugs are the best :) 

This past summer God blessed me with the wonderful opportunity to go overseas for a month and serve in the teeny tiny country of Swaziland located in southern Africa. While I was there He not only gave me a wonderful experience serving and loving on the beautiful people there but also an overwhelming calling that I NEEDED to go back to the mission field. As soon as I got home I began my search for where I should go next. After many long late night talks with Jesus, the calling became so clear on where to go...Africa...again.  

So, in August I will pack my bags again, leave everything and everyone behind me, and head off to Africa for one semester. I will be going with Adventures In Missions (AIM) for a second time  and they are an interdenominational missions organization.(I praise Jesus all the time for this wonderful organization because AIM is ALWAYS putting the focus on God and what He wants for them as an organization!)I will be living, eating, and walking with the people I serve. I may do things like feed starving children, plant churches, teach, pray for people in hospitals/hospices, door to door evangelizing, and so much more.  


Please keep me and my team in your prayers as we prepare for this wonderful Jesus filled adventure.  
 
getting my hair braided in Swazi 

Stay tuned for many more updates and ways you can stay involved!


1 comment:

  1. Katherine as I sit here waiting for your BIG adventure to serve the Lord. I begin to think my how I will miss you(and worry) but God has big plans for you and to not follow his will for you is wrong. I give you my blessing and send you my love.
    Love you and admire your courage to do Gods will.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete